1998 Dodge Dakota Heater Hose Diagram

Joined

·

4,249 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I may have got the 2 heater hoses that run up to the firewall and connect to the heater core mixed up when I changed out the hoses, or maybe not. one goes to the water pump tube and the other routes up the back of the engine on the pass side into the intake. So, does the top heater core outlet run to the pass side intake and lower outlet to the water pump bypass tube? I can't find a diagram in my FSM. :wall:

Joined

·

8,067 Posts

The hose from the block goes to the top and the hose from the bypass goes to the bottom I think. Will check in the am.

Joined

·

4,249 Posts

Discussion Starter · #3 ·

:clap: YOU'RE THE MAN and I really appreciate it! :thumbsup: I had them right, just wanted to make sure I didn't screw up as I had to stop what I was doing a couple of times.

Joined

·

4,249 Posts

Discussion Starter · #4 ·

is there a actual diagram for this in the FSM? I didn't see it.

Big Al

Joined

·

896 Posts

Bottom of page 7-2

  • Motor vehicle Auto part Drawing Automotive design Line art

    115.1 KB Views: 57,985

IndyDurango

Joined

·

15,112 Posts

knock on wood? I've never replaced the small bypass hose. Anyone?

IndyDurango

dizzyD

Joined

·

5,764 Posts

I changed the small bypass hose 4-5 years ago, it was swollen to double it's normal size.

Joined

·

4,249 Posts

Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Big Al said:

thanks Big Al. I saw that diagram but it's not exact right as it has the heater core hoses side by side when they should be up and down.

Mike, were you able to verify that's the correct connections for the heater core hoses? thanks a bunch!

Joined

·

8,067 Posts

It's as I stated in the previous post.

Al, the problem with the diagram is that the heater core is sideways to how it's really mounted.

Joined

·

4,249 Posts

Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks! :)

helen m

Joined

·

1 Posts

I have a 2003 dodge Durango replaced the heater core a couple of months ago but I have noticed that my defrost doesn't blow on top have I put the hoses on the fire wall on wrong

tomk

Joined

·

13,020 Posts

All electrically operated on an '03.

Is it only defrost that isn't working, or is the system stuck in one mode?

  • Line art Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Coloring book

    158.2 KB Views: 2,876

  • Text Font Document

    120.5 KB Views: 565

Joined

·

27 Posts

I have a 2003 dodge Durango replaced the heater core a couple of months ago but I have noticed that my defrost doesn't blow on top have I put the hoses on the fire wall on wrong

That shouldn't matter. Hot water will go either way through the core.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Source: https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads/99d-heater-hose-to-heater-core-question.12644/

Posted by: mervineastburnss.blogspot.com

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Free Camping In Spokane Wa - Spokane Valley Washington Campgrounds And Rv Parks Go Northwest A Travel Guide : Jul 19, 2021 · spokane is home to beautiful parks, waterfalls, unique museums and great activities.

Best Kitchen Knives In The World / Best German Kitchen Knives Top 5 Brands Reviewed Prudent Reviews : Best overall kitchen knife made in cookware:

Cream Ceramic Kitchen Sinks Uke Songs Two - Sami Kotob Trading Est Kotob City - Cream ceramic kitchen sinks uke songs easy :